Monday, September 08, 2008

PD runs for US Senate!

Well, at the risk of being accused of self-promotion, I did want to announce to all blog readers that I will be on the ballot this year as the Libertarian candidate for US Senate in Kansas.

For the past seven years, I have been more and more frustrated with the current administration's gutting of the Rule of Law. The president acts as if he is above international and domestic law and even had his department of justice draft memos to support this audacious claim. I can't believe that my president thinks that torture is okay. And I can't believe that my president thinks that spying on his own citizens is okay. The very Constitutional and human rights that the president routinely ignores are the very things that should make the United States stand out in the world. "Liberty and Justice for All" aren't just words--they are the concepts that make the United States a great country. This administration has undercut those concepts for eight years and I have never heard my current US Senator criticize or work to prevent such decay of our fundamental freedoms. It's not surprising considering that president helped my current US Senator raise millions of dollars for his re-election campaign.

So, I decided to try to speak out and am on the ballot. I know the obstacles and hurdles involved in such a run. Maybe it's that PD mentality at work. I know I am outgunned in resources and probably won't win. But that's not a reason to give up. I want to vote for a candidate this year that is not a long-time Washington insider funded by special interests and I want to vote for a candidate who is committed to protecting the Rule of Law. I am that candidate.

Want to help? See my web site at http://www.randallforsenate.org/. You can contact me through the address listed on that site: randall@randallforsenate.org. I will not have the millions of dollars that my opponents have from special interests, but if you would like to encourage a voice for the Rule of Law this year, please consider helping. As they say on public radio/TV, any contribution would help. I will have some yard signs soon and if you would like one, e-mail me. Or just get the word out though your e-mail and word of mouth. There is a choice this year. But I need help letting voters know.

Thanks and get out the vote this year!

[BTW: before all you government watchdogs get frothing, I have always made clear that this blog is a personal blog. It is not supported or approved by a state agency. I am writing this entry on my own computer using my own Internet connection on my own time. I will leave it to Carl to decide whether there are any other developments in this race that are blog-worthy!]

1 comment:

Rob Hodgkinson said...

As State Chair for the Libertarian Party of Kansas I finally have a candidate that is worthy of the position and can do the job very well if elected.

Vote for Randall November 4th.